Top Ten Ways to Act on Your New Years Resolutions
Everyone, whether they deny it or not, makes a promise to do better at the beginning of the new year. So Verbode has put together a list to help you keep your promises. From eating better to exercising to expanding your mind, here are 10 ways you can do that here in OKC!
10. Exercise your mind with some consistent reading. Stop by Full Circle Bookstore and grab a new book. Parents, there is a children’s section full of fun and imagination! Full Circle is located on the northeast corner of the first level of 50 Penn Place.
9. Dust off that bicycle you bought a few years back, but never used. The Oklahoma City Trail System is everywhere. There are so many options to get out and see our city lakes and rivers. Click the link to find detailed maps with tons of information so you can find the best trail for you and your family! Detailed map of the Oklahoma River Trail System.
8. If you have been spending to much time indoors in city limits, may we suggest a weekend camping trip? Short drives to all things nature is a very easy weekend trip. Oklahoma has over 440 campgrounds around the state. Travel Oklahoma has lists for campgrounds, state parks, and great deals.
7. Having a family dinner is not as easy nowadays. Everyone seems so busy that it is rare to find the time to plan and cook for your family. No worries; Provision Kitchen is a place with healthy meals that taste delicious. Now located on the south side of Nichols Hills Plaza, near the intersection of 63rd and Western.
6. There is really nothing like getting to know your creative side. Why not take some art classes and find that talent you never knew you had? Oklahoma Contemporary offers classes in jewelry, ceramics, 2-D and fiber arts.
5. Keeping updated on the newest trends in your own field of work is sometimes hard. There isn’t always an easy way to learn the modern version of a trade. Francis Tuttlemakes it easy to have a continued education in many fields. Anything from welding to accounting and even learning a new language.
4. If your goal is to have a little more excitement in your life, why not plan on White Water Rafting? Riversport Rapids is nearing completion and you should be there to experience it.
3. If everyone knew it was easy to eat healthier, we would hope they would. Organic Squeeze has made it obvious they are trying to make eating healthy easier. With a new location in the retail area of the Edge Apartments in the Midtown district, a cleansing of your system will be too close to pass up.
2. It is probably the most stated resolution, but exercise doesn’t have to be grueling. At Hidden Dragon Yoga you can stretch and sweat those muscles in to shape. Meditate, work on your posture, and get your alignment fixed!
1. Spending more time with your family and friends would be a whole lot easier if you did it at one of the many OKC parks. Many parks are getting updated equipment, trails, and picnic areas. Get out and take advantage of them!