10 Last Minute Gift Ideas for the Person Who Shops Local in OKC
Like many people in the Oklahoma City area, at Verbode we have had a very busy season. Sometimes that means we forget to shop for a few people on our Christmas list. Thankfully we have a City booming with local businesses. So we put together a list of Local shops to get your last minute gifts for the holiday.
The very first step to this quick shopping spree of giving, you must purchase a Keep It Local card.
After you have purchased this card, keep in mind you can also use it has a gift as well. A gift that keeps on giving of course. So that is how we start our list:
10. A Keep It Local Card – You can purchase these anywhere they are accepted. Here is the list of Keep it Local shops.
9. For the quirky vintage family member there is only one place to stop. Bad Granny’s Bazaar in the Plaza District. Granny’s is filled with vendors who have scoured the world of thrift stores to find those vintage gems. You can find just about anything in this store.
8. For the die hard t-shirt wearing nerd in your life, try The Okay See. Located behind the Paramount Theatre in the Film Row District. Designs ranging from Russy Stardust to a Oklahoma is OK! Lost Ogle special, you will find a range of designs that will meet your needs. Not to mention they have great stocking stuffers like the OKIE Shades & Koozy combo for only $10.00.
7. For the kid who craves knowledge and fun at all times. There is a magical place called The Learning Tree. Located in Wilshire Village, one block south of Wilshire on North Western, the Learning Tree has so many books, toys and games to choose from. There is no better way to keep your kids busy than a learning game.
6. For the modern woman with vintage style you have to try Out on a Limb. Some say it is a miracle to see the transformations that happen after Cassie McDonald tears into a vintage dress and makes into a modern fit. Located in the Plaza District, Out on a Limb also has locally handmade items.
5. We are half way through the list and it is time for a pick me up. We need a boost of caffeine! There are many coffee shops to choose from, Slingers, Elemental, Leaf & Bean. There is however a new kid on the block. Clarity Coffee is located on Main Street downtown in the newest and most colorful parking garage yet. Simplicity is key here and you can taste it in their carefully made coffees. They even gave us some quick gift ideas below:
4. For the artsy fartsy family member who knows their art history. Stop into the Museum Store at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. They have a fine collection of Chihuly Prints and Glass, Fine art Books, and locally handmade artistic gifts. They also often carry gifts that correlate with their current exhibition.
3. For the hard working Mother who never seems to take a time out for herself. Buy her the gift of pampering relaxation. Udander will spoil and rejuvenate anyone. After a steam and sauna you can replenish with their a’ la carte which includes tea & snacks!
2. For the kind heart who gives and also loves good quality product. Shop Good is your store. Located on the exciting 9th street on Automobile Alley, this shop has a Warby Parker eye wear show room. The Buy a pair, Give a pair program will provide a pair to someone who doesn’t have access to quality eye care – someone whose life will be changed by the ability to see.
1. For that hard to shop for person who seems to have everything. Well you must shop at a place that seems to have everything. Blue 7 is centrally located in OKC on May Ave. If you can’t find something here, you might as well give up. They have an endless amount of stocking stuffers in their Just OK part of the store that features all Oklahoma brands. Also, if you are that person who buys everyone socks, you should only shop here. It is safe to say you will get the most out of your Keep It Local card here!
With all that we are done. So take off work early today and finish your shopping! A very Merry Holidays to everyone of us at Verbode to everyone of you!